Finance & Human Resources
Linda B. Gatlin
Payroll & Accounts Receivable
General Office Clerk
The Finance Department maintains records on the financial operations of the Parish, prepares financial reports for all funds and departments, monitors expenditures and revenues to determine budgetary compliance, and prepares the Annual Financial Report.
The Finance Department functions include:
- Collection and custody of all funds due to the Parish
- Disbursement of funds from the Parish treasury in accordance with applicable laws and budgetary restraints
- Maintenance of a centralized accounting system utilizing nationally accepted standards
- Provide assistance to the Parish Administrator in the preparation of the Annual Operating and Capital Improvement Budget
- Purchasing of supplies and services at the lowest cost and in compliance with policies adopted by the Police Jury and the state public bid law
- Prudent investment of all Parish funds
- Preparation of monthly statements of revenues and expenditures
- Preparation of Parish payrolls and timely accounting for all employment taxes and deductions
- Maintenance of public records
- Accounting for federal and state grants
- Preparation of general ledger and financial statements for the annual audited financial report
- Issuance of all parish business licenses (www.citizenserve.com for occupational business licenses)
Human Resources administers and coordinates the hiring process of new parish employees, enforcement of personnel policies, and employee benefits.
It is the policy of the DeSoto Parish Police Jury to maintain a discrimination-free environment. We are committed to the practice of hiring and advancing the most qualified people without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, citizenship, age, veteran status, or disability. This practice extends to all terms and conditions of employment.
Employment applications are taken daily (Monday through Friday) at the Police Jury Administrative Office located at 101 Franklin Street, Mansfield, Louisiana from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., or an application may be submitted by clicking on the appropriate link. Applications are retained in an active file for a period of one year.
Positions that become vacant are often filled by selecting a candidate from the applications on file and paying through a temporary agency. These candidates are often hired permanent after 90 days. Current Parish employees are given preference for promotion.
Parish Treasurer & Acting Human Resources Director
Linda B. Gatlin
Annual Audit Reports-Louisiana Legislative Auditor