DESOTO PARISH POLICE JURY (DPPJ)
Operational Changes Due to COVID - 19
1. No special permits for mass gatherings of any size will be issued for the use of private property or DPPJ facilities.
2. The DeSoto Parish Sports Complex and Alumni Park are closed to the public.
3. Visitors to DPPJ owned, employee occupied buildings, will be screened in accordance with Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. Additionally, the public will remain in the lobby while conducting business. This change affects the following departments - Administration, Finance, Public Works, Airport, Roads, Animal and Mosquito Control, Office of Community Services, and Landfill. The public will not be allowed in the Maintenance & Human Resources facilities.
4. Tenants in DPPJ owned buildings will receive assistance from DPPJ when requested. Assistance can be in the form of assessing and/or identifying any necessary measure they should take to help control the virus.
5. DPPJ is procuring a teleconferencing system that will allow it to remotely conduct its meetings while accommodating public input and comments.
BUILDINGS & PUBLIC ACCESS HOURS OF OPERATIONS
Administration - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Airport - 7:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Animal & Mosquito Control - 10:30 am - 6:30 pm Tuesday - Friday, 10:30 am - 2:30 pm Saturday, Closed Sunday-Monday
Finance - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Office of Community Services - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday - Friday
Public Works - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Roads - 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday - Friday
Solid Waste - Compactor Sites - Please CLICK HERE for a list of compactor sites with hours of operation
Solid Waste - Landfill 6:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday and 6:30 am - 12:00 pm Saturday